§ 21-805. Display of “slow moving vehicle” emblem
(a) When display required. —
(1) This subsection does not apply to:
(i) Vehicles used by any utility in the construction, maintenance, or repair of its facilities;
(ii) Vehicles used by any highway authority or bridge or highway district in construction, maintenance, repair, inspection, or survey work; or
(iii) Low speed vehicles.
(2) A person may not drive on a highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles that is designed to be and is driven at a speed of 25 miles per hour or less, unless the rearmost vehicle displays a slow moving vehicle emblem in accordance with this section.
(b) When display permitted. — Any other vehicle or combination of vehicles, when driven at a speed of 25 miles per hour or less, may display a slow moving vehicle emblem in accordance with this section.
(c) Type of emblem and manner of display. — The slow moving vehicle emblem specified in this section shall:
(1) Be a truncated equilateral triangle at least 14 inches high with a red reflective border at least 1.75 inches wide and with a fluorescent orange center;
(2) Comply with current standards and specifications of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers; and
(3) Be mounted on the rear of the vehicle, base down, at a height of not less than 3 nor more than 5 feet from ground to base.
(d) New farm equipment. — New farm equipment designed or intended by the manufacturer to be driven or moved at a speed of 25 miles per hour or less may not be sold in this State unless it is equipped by the manufacturer with a slow moving vehicle emblem in accordance with this section.
(e) When emblem to be displayed. — The slow moving vehicle emblem shall be displayed and maintained on the farm equipment as long as it can be driven or moved on a highway.
(f) Unauthorized display prohibited. — The slow moving vehicle emblem described in this section may be displayed only as permitted or required by this section.